Tacalert Tactile Indicators are used to warn vision impaired pedestrians of hazards and also to give directional guidance. They are used in public places such as commercial buildings, shopping centres, on railway platforms, at escalators, and on pathways ramps and stairways. Manufactured to meet Australian Standards AS/NZS 1428.4, Tacalert Tactile Indicators are available in tiles or studs and are manufactured from PVC or stainless steel (brass is available in the stud design) and they and can be installed on most surfaces including carpet options. The tile edges are bevelled for safe transition and are available in self adhesive or non-adhesive backed options.
Some of the great features include:
- Used to assist people with visual impairment providing early warning of approaching hazard
- Tiles available with plain backing or self adhering
- Studs available with plain backing, screw-in or hammer-in
- Tiles available in black, grey, yellow or stainless steel
- Studs available in black, grey, yellow, stainless steel or brass
- Warranty: 12 Months